Why is quitting advisable?
By choosing to quit, you choose life for yourself and your loved ones.
Your life starts changing as soon as you quit smoking – to know more about the positive effects of quitting smoking on your body, click on the icons shown below.
- Air around you is no longer dangerous to children and other adults
In 20 minutes
- Blood pressure drops to normal
- Pulse rate drops to normal
- Temperature in the hands and feet increases to normal
In 8 hours
- Carbon monoxide level in the blood drops to normal
- Oxygen level in the blood increases to normal
In 48 hours
- Nerve endings start regrowing
- Ability to smell and taste is enhanced
Click on the icons above to know more
- JAMA. 2008; 299(17):2112.