A Nicotex Patch is a trans-dermal/skin patch that helps you quit smoking using the principle of Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT). The patch when placed on your body gradually releases nicotine throughout the day. Over the 12 week period, you will gradually reduce your nicotine intake and finally get back to life without dependence on nicotine.
Smokers are 60% more likely to abstain from smoking after using a nicotine patch1. It has a 24-hour Smart Release system that consistently releases nicotine into your body throughout the day2. It works on the step-down dosing approach that gradually decreases the nicotine intake over 12 weeks, helping you to quit smoking1
- Smart Release
The patch is equipped with a Smart Release system that gradually releases nicotine into the body for 24 hours
- Only one patch a day
As the patch is effective for 24 hours, you only need to wear one patch a day
- Safe on Skin
The patch has been dermatologically tested at the R&D labs of Cipla and has been found to cause minimum irritation on skin2
- Invisible to others
The patch can be worn under your clothes, which will ensure that it remains hidden from others.
- Highly Effective
Smokers are 60% more likely to abstain from smoking after using the patch1
The dosage for nicotine patches covers 12 weeks and is done in 3 steps.
For smokers who smoke more than 20 cigarettes a day.
- Step 1: Use the 21-mg patch once daily for weeks 1 to 4
- Step 2: Use the 14-mg patch once daily for weeks 5 to 8
- Step 3: Use the 7-mg patch once daily for weeks 9 to 12
- Step 2: Use the 14-mg patch once daily for weeks 1 to 4
- Step 3: Use the 7-mg patch once daily for weeks 5 to 12
How to use Nicotex Patch
smoking is both convenient
provided and remove the patch
film on one side. Place the
patch on your skin and peel
the other half.
it adheres well to the skin.
Consult your Doctor before
- If you are below 18 years of age.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you are taking any other medicines, especially those containing these.
- If you have other medical conditions such as uncontrolled high blood pressure, stroke, stomach ulcer, kidney or liver disease, heart or circulation problems, diabetes, allergic reactions, severe sore throat, inflammation of the mouth, overactive thyroid, or adrenal gland cancer.
- If you have had previous reactions to nicotine gums or other nicotine-containing products.
1. Abelin T et al,Controlled trial of transdermal nicotine patch in tobacco withdrawal. Lancet 1989;1(8628):7-10
2. In vitro diffusion study,data on file,Cipla Ltd.